Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All You Gotta Do Is Stay White And Die...

I always find myself thinking.. well I have to do this...
Truth is, you don't have to do anything at all. All you HAVE to do in this lifetime is stay white and die. 

Simply stated.

My daddy would remind me of this on a daily basis.. and today especially (the 16th-- hitting me like a ton of bricks like always--) I have been thinking about him.

He did more then just "stay white and die" he has given me so much knowledge and advise to take on the world. He showed me unconditional love, and was someone that no matter what, he was always there to help. His decision was irrational, however from a man that preached.. if you don't want to, don't!! He sure did more then just that. He was the type of person that left a huge impact on you. He left you thinking. He had something about him. He was the one man in the world that when he told me something, I would believe it despite everything else. I miss being able to call him and tell him about the men, I want his advise on what I should and shouldn't do. He was a player--but never would let his little princess get played. I wanted more then anything for him to walk me down the isle. Its the little basic things in life that people often overlook, but once it's gone you realize how important the little things are! No one will ever replace him..

I miss my dad so much, but I do have to continually remind myself that I would rather have had my dad for the 19 and a half years that I did, then any other man take his place.

1 comment:

  1. So that statement seems to be flawed a bit! I dont ever remember Dan being White... or you for that matter. You were both either Tan or Dark Tan!! :)

    ReplyDelete